Sunday, August 17, 2014

FRIENDSHIP FOUND IN FAITH FOR FAVOUR....KUTLWANO NDLOVU

It is still August month of appreciating women. I could not write the past three days but thanks to God I found time to write about another woman I appreciate and love.


 
She has been my friend since before we were even thinking of boys or future husbands. All we thought of was clothes for our dolls and how many school library books to read in one week. Then we were not even thinking that life has painful challenges, heartbreaks, facing death and surviving it as well as being devoted to Christ.

Kutlwano Ndlovu is my longest time friend who is still alive and alive through Jesus Christ. We were still in primary school when we first met. And then I knew her as Kutlwano Malope. She was like the friend I always hoped for since my childhood friend, who is now departed (may her soul rest in peace) had moved away to live with her grandparents in the rural areas. Kutlwano was as intelligent as I was and we enjoyed the same things. We both loved to read and to draw. We loved drawing little girls in ponytails and swimsuits eating ice cream at the beach. Kutlwano gave me my first recipe: "How to make chocolate paste/cream and eat it."


Being a child you never think you will no longer see your friend when you go to high school. Especially if you live around the same area and your grannies are also in the same neighbourhood. But that's what happened to us. I only had memories, Kutlwano's two pictures and remembered her birthday was on the 17th of October which is why I am writing this on the 17th of August.

Fast-Forward To The Present
I get a call from Kutlwano in 2003. She tells me she's been trying to find me and she got my numbers from Sowetan after I have been featured in their paper as a fashion designer. Somehow we never get to meet and we loose contact again.

Almost ten years again, that is on 2011, Kutlwano contacts me. This time she found me through google on the iFashion network through my profile. She came to my house and she tells me the journey of her finding me.

Why I Appreciate Kutlwano
She did what I could not have done. She looked for me and never gave up. During her Google search she found a different Faith. I was still in the world with what I used to write (a story for another day). She told me she could not believe it was me. However she could not get my contacts. Her sister told her to create a Facebook or Twitter account and look for me there. As she started searching me again online, she discovered a new Faith again. A Christ-reformed Faith Monchusi. That is when she found my profile on iFashion.co.za.

I was found by my friend again. When we reunited she was now married. Thanks God I was still single which made easy for her to find me. Kutlwano is a woman of great faith, a survivor through her faith. She is a mother of adorable and intelligent three years old twin girls. She is happily married to a great man and father, her pillar of strength. Kutlwano is a sister, a sister-in-law and an aunty. She is a woman of prayer and the wise woman Proverbs14:1 describes.


When we met again we did not think we would become prayer partners. We both met at a time God has set for us to be spiritual parents to each other's children. This is a woman I know when my son grows up he might want to live in her house because of the love that is in her family. Kutlwano, her sisters and sisters-in-law are very close. If you would see her Facebook profile pictures you will see more family than friends and partying.

I love this woman. She is the first friend my husband and I have prayed with over the phone. God has reunited us for such a time as this. And I know it is for even a much greater purpose that is still to unfold. I thank her for all the efforts she made to find me. She even drives all the way from Pretoria with her toddler girls to visit me and to see my son.  I can never ask for a better friend.


May the Lord see her through in achieving her God-given purpose.

No comments: