Tuesday, August 5, 2014

SWEET STUNNING SISTER THROUGH CHRIST... MASEGO MOKGORO

Here is to honouring another friend and sister I am blessed to have in my life. As per my previous article, in this month of August (woman's month in SA) I am thanking my friends and sisters I know and thanking God.



We are taught to count our blessings and amongst the ones I count in my life is Masego Mokgoro. A soft-spoken sister who still speaks her Setswana like she is freshly from home in the Northwest where the language is still spoken as clean and sweet as it is meant to be. Not the Setswana we get to hear in soapies or in Soweto.

I met Masego in 1999 in Technikon Witwatersrand. I met her through our mutual friend Tumie Mapena (see previous post). My friendship with Masego actually began almost 10 years post-tertiary. We happened to bump into each other in the streets of Soweto in 2006 and exchanged numbers since we last saw each other at Tumie's house in 2003. Masego came to see me daily at home after I survived a deadly car crash in 2008. She drove all the way from Randburg just to keep me company and listen to me going on about my life. I found a friend and comforter in her.


Masego and I were both born-again but at that moment I have no idea why we never talked about God. It's like we were still blindly following each other yet seeking God. I guess everything has time and reason just like the book of Ecclesiastes 3 says:"For everything there's time." If I could think of anyone else who had all the time for me, I can only think of her. She became friends with me in my darkest times when I was still confused. We still remained friends until we realized our other connection that is God and that brought us even closer to each other. Masego does not talk too much but she is a good listener. I think she is a perfect match for me as I am the total opposite. Well the bad thing about being the chatter-box friend I am, my friend does not talk much about herself. But what I know is that she is a God-fearing mother, daughter, sister and friend.

Masego would literally drive to me with her last petrol and even risk driving on reserve just to see me when I was at my weakest times in life. She has never done anything with any expectation of a return on investment or favour. If time and attention given was in monetary value Masego made me rich by giving me hers in thousands. If I could I would give her the stars to shine in her life forever. All I can do for now is pray for her always. She is even a ForeverFaith Couture client and has referred a couple of her friends to my business.

Masego in ForeverFaith Couture

Masego and Teekay(coral dress) in ForverFaith Couture


When I had to choose my spiritual sisters (bridesmaids) I first had to pray about whom to choose amongst my many childhood till adulthood friends. Four of my friends were all chosen for different but also similar reasons. I needed prayer warriors, brides-in-waiting whose lamps are never out of oil. I chose ladies who have gotten to know me through Christ and loved me before, after and always will. Masego was one of those ladies.


Masego(right corner), Florina, Karabo and Lerato (check my blog about Lerato)
Masego happy to hear my hubby's vows


My friend is gorgeous and beneath those good looks is a heart that hungers for God continuously. She is a woman hidden in Christ and I look forward to meeting the favoured man (Prov 18:22) who will give the her the honor to take care of his heart and life. Her son is blessed because having a mother that fears the Lord is a guaranteed prosperity in life. I thank God for the strength He has given her. This is a tough cookie that can never crumble. She is actually a rock.(Mat 16:18) I declare blessings and all her God-given desires in her life.

A Woman After God's Heart


I thank God for her friend Teekay (Onkemetse) because I do not know any of Masego's friends who can love her like she does. Well I am not undermining her other friends' love for her as we are all different as peopl in showing our love. I do not know much of their history as friends but this lady has been in Masego's life through thick and thin.May the Lord bless her too.

Masego and Teekay

No comments: