Wednesday, August 13, 2014

SHE SHALL BE QUEEN PRESIDENT… ROYAL HIGHNESS NOMBUSO MADELA



As the August month for women continues my list of women I appreciate still continues. If I get time daily to appreciate one woman per day I know they are more than 30 and I pray that I do not miss out others.

Nombuso Madela is the youngest of all the women I love and appreciate. She is young enough to be my daughter if I had had a child at the same age as Mary when she had Jesus. I taught her in grade 9 at our children’s church in 2009 that is when I first knew her, she was in our cabin and same team at camp, she was in my team at our church youth and now she is also a teacher at our children’s church.
Being the youngest woman in my “Faith’s List of Appreciation” Nombuso is not that young when it comes to her spiritual maturity. I admire this young woman. She reminds me of me when I was her age but she is more knowledgeable, more powerful and more wise because she knows who she is in Christ. When I was her age I just knew God, going to church and praying. I knew Christ was God’s son but I did not know what salvation was.  



I first heard Nombuso share the word during Kids’ Session (when the children teach each other what they learned) at children’s church. That’s when a light was shined upon her for me to notice her and pay attention to her. Nombuso is strong-willed, intelligent, hard-worker and determined. I loved how she stood by her faith being a born-again Christian in a Catholic school. She never tried to defy her Religious instruction teacher. She never criticized anyone all that she believed in was prayer and doing her work as expected.
I call her my president because she has the leadership potential of a president. She can lead people twice her age without feeling small or overwhelmed. I always let her take care of our team when me and Vuyo (our other team leader) were not available. Nombuso can address a nation. I truly see a leader in her. I admire her work ethics and principle. Above all that she is respectful and humble towards everybody. She is kind and full of love. She does not blow her own horn with whatever she achieves but gives all the glory to God. She is also a talented musician. She once sent me a piano piece she composed.

Nombuso and Her Mom


I also love the fact that she is so grounded. She is not the kind of girl who is after what is in and what is out. She is comfortable in her own skin. I doubt that she even knows the lines to the most popular song and she is not bothered about it. Her concern is knowing the scriptures that she will confess in the time she needs to.  To her peers she might be considered as boring but in the spiritual realm she is popular. I pray that her peers learn from her. There is nothing wrong with loving trendy things and knowing songs but they need to know who they are. They need to know their creator and their savior. They need to know who they are because all these things they pay most attention to tend to turn against them and make them feel unworthy. So, if you are a young person reading this, learn from Nombuso, seek ye first God’s kingdom and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you. I give a hand to her mother and her grandmother for raising her in Christ.


By the grace of God I know twenty years from now Nombuso will read this blogpost with tears in her eyes and say: “Teacher Faith said it.” I write this personally to you Nombuso: “I love you with all of my heart. I care about you. I don’t know why out of all the other equally God-loving, respectful, intelligent children even the special ones did you make such a mark on my heart. I love all the children I teach. I love my nephews and nieces. I love all of my friends. But you occupy a special part in my heart. And I pray that God carries you until you finish this race in Jesus name.”

No comments: