Thursday, August 21, 2014

WHEN A WISE WOMAN SPEAKS, THE EARTH LISTENS....KARABO NGOETJANE

I am trully blessed to have young women who love God and live by prayer as my friends and sisters. Karabo Ngoetjane adds to that blessing to my life. I call her Miss Kay just to ho mo reneketsa (sorry I don't know the translation to that.)







Karabo is a young woman who originally comes from Soshanguvhe but is currently staying in Soweto now. Like most of my other friends I met Karabo in church. We both serve in Children's Church Ministry where we teach children the Word of God. Karabo does not only teach the Word on Sundays but she has also dedicated some of her week days to go around schools in Soweto doing the same thing with a group of friends through the church's school ministry. Karabo is a single woman, a daughter, a sister and an aunt.

Karabo and I during Heritage Month at Church

Trying on her ForeverFaith Couture Dress

I met Karabo in 2009 at Children's Church. I remember how active she was going up and down the classes. During Heritage month which is September she was with other teachers going class to class to demonstrate different cultural dances and wearing the relevant cultural attires.



Karabo and I happened to warm up to each other. I do not know when and how but maybe it was at Children's Church Winter camp. She then started coming to visit me at my house-cum-workplace as I worked from home. She even placed an order for a dress with me for her friend's wedding which we designed together and went shopping for the fabric together. I must say she was an interesting client as she had funny requests. But it was quite fun making her dress as it felt like I was making a dress for my younger sister. She gave me an experience of what would it have been like to have a younger sister. This was not the only and last dress she bought from me.

Karabo and I at our Church's Gala Dinner
Why I Appreciate Karabo

Karabo's primary goal in her life is to spread the gospel of God. She reads and studies like her life depends on it of which it is. She never let's an opportunity to pray pass her by. When she shares the word you don't hear her but hear the Word Himself. Karabo does not just speak to make nonsensical conversations. She speaks wisdom from above. She is full of love for everyone and wears a constant genuine smile. She always goes out of her way to help where she is needed. I also love how she is always preoared to postpone social appointments to babysit her niece when her sister needs to go to work. Sometimes she even takes her adorable and intelligent niece along with her.


Karabo and her Niece

Karabo is also one of my friends who agreed to walk with me in prayer for my wedding and marriage. She was hands-on with the ironing of the guys shirts and pants I made for the groomsmen. I know I did not mentione why I choose all my other friends individually but I will mention why Karabo was one of them. She is one of those people who spoke into my life without realizing it. I could also depend on her just like all my other friends to cover me in prayer. She too understands that weddings are not just the glits and glam but a more spiritual event leading to lifetime commitment of two people together with God as one. With friends like her and all my sisters in the Lord I know many people are saved, safe and loved. I thank God for this woman.

Karabo(second left)

No comments: